Criteria & Conditions
Nominations for the 2017 Kāpiti Coast Civic Awards will close Wednesday 31 May 2017 at 5pm.
The successful nominees will be presented with their award at a presentation dinner.
Recipients will receive a plaque and a citation.
The nomination criteria for a Civic Award are as follows:
- Any person who has carried out meritorious voluntary service for the benefit of the District.
- Any resident of the District who has made a significant contribution to the welfare of others within New Zealand or overseas.
- Any person from the District whose personal achievements in their particular field are so outstanding as to deserve special recognition by way of a Civic Award.
- Preference will be given to people who have not received recognition in the form of New Year’s or Queen’s Birthday Honours.
When making your nomination please provide information on the following points:
- The record of service of the individual or the nature of their achievements.
- What real service they have provided to the community.
- How they have added to the quality of life on the Kāpiti Coast or, if they carried out their work outside Kāpiti, in what areas.
- Why their contribution is significant compared to others.
- Who has benefited from their work.
It is important that your nomination contains as much detail as possible as the judges may only have your application to assist them in making a decision. However, the judges reserve the right to contact you or others in the community to verify any facts or seek clarification of any statements made in the application.