The Council is seeking funding applications from organisations and businesses for major events in the district.
Consideration will be given to major events that:
- have a distinct Kāpiti flavour
- showcase Kāpiti Coast’s positive attributes, so media outside the district can include these in any articles about the events
- have long term economic development benefits and are likely to generate at least a 5:1 return on the Council’s investment
- meet tāngata whenua and community aspirations.
To be eligible, the event must:
- take place in the Kāpiti Coast District
- have already secured at least 30% of its total cost
- show potential for self-sustaining funding
- not coincide with another major event in the Wellington region (unless it is compatible)
- not have already occurred in the district.
Applications for funding close at 5pm on Friday 8 September 2017. Final decisions will be made by the Strategy and Policy Committee on Thursday 12 October 2017.
See Events Criteria and Timeline for how and when to apply.
Kāpiti Events Plan Criteria 2017-2019 and how to apply
For more information or to register your interest in the Kāpiti Major Events Fund email email@example.com